India is a much undervalued holiday destination when it comes to travelling because of its tropical weather conditions. From barren deserts to thriving rainforests, from high-ceilinged mountains to inexplicable valleys; you will get a tremendously huge number of incidents to cherish for a life span. India’s affluence of natural beauty paired up with a warm generosity culture makes it the best place worth exploring. As 2020 has already approached, it’s your time to reset the holiday clock and pick up the best places to visit in India this year 2020.
Here in this article, we have sorted out the list of famous holiday destinations across India which you need to hook-up for sure for a joyous holiday break.
Kerala, the palm state of Southern India is also known as “God’s Own Country” (or) “The God of Little Things”. Kerala is one of the most admired travel destinations of India because of its greenery and also offers a great blend of beaches and mountains that includes palm trees.
Besides the fascinating blend of traditions and the remnants of Portuguese, Dutch, Indian, English and even Chinese influences. Walkthrough the ancient streets of Fort Kochi will be very joyous and never miss out a visit to the Chinese fishing nets at the time of sunset.
The first and foremost thing that comes into our mind when we think about Kerala is boating because of its backwaters. A pleasant night on a houseboat is a must and incredibly scenic and tranquil. Especially, for honeymooners, there are special small boats which are equipped with all the necessary needs.
- Never miss out a visit to the tea plantation and also get a taste of Munnar’s mountain air as it is ideal for camping and hiking.
- Beef and Shrimp Curry are the famous dishes to give a try. Toddie, the fermented coconut juice is the special drink of Kerala to taste.
The jewel of Rajasthan, Jaipur is also known as the Pink City and one of the beautiful cities in India as it is both architecturally and historically pictorial. The Palace of the Winds, the Hawa Mahal, with its iconic honeycomb façade is the highlight of the city. To get the best view of the city you need to visit any of the street’s rooftop cafes.
Amber Fort is the must visit place in Jaipur. Whether you go by walk or you hire a jeep, it’s better to roam in the morning when the temperature is moderate Jal Mahal and also the Water Palace is the best place to visit at the time of sunrise.
- Galta Ji, the monkey temple is a must visit place that is located on the outskirts of Jaipur as it reminds you of the jungle book.
- Jaipur is incredibly romantic and suits perfectly for couples.
- Lassi from Lassiwalla on the MI Road (since 1944) is the best Lassi in the world.
Agra is monotonous as a city, yet one of the topmost travel destinations in India because of Taj Mahal.
Taj Mahal is one of the best architectural masterpieces in India and is known for the iconic love story of Shah Jahan and his wife Mumtaz Mahal. It’s good to hire a local guide to know its historic efficiency and the morning view will be striking.
- Lunar garden, situated on the riverside is a must visit place in the late afternoon from where you can get a beautiful view of the Taj Mahal.
- Sheroes Cafe is the best place for dinner as it is an initiative for women who have survived acid attacks and get a living. You can pay whatever you want as there are no fixed prices over there.
Delhi, the capital city of India is known for its historic significance. There are a lot more places to visit including the Red Fort, the Qutub Minar, the India Gate, and the Jama Masjid.
The Sikh Temple, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib is the best-ever place as it welcomes everybody regardless of their religion. Moreover, it serves 10,000 meals daily for the needy.
All the Indian states have a special house in Delhi and usually have their own restaurant that is accessible to all the visitors and allows tasting the cuisine of different nations.
This is one of the holiest cities in India for Hindus and here the life is determined by the river Ganges. Daily in the evening, a special ritual called Ganga Arti will be given on the shore to thank the mother of Ganges.
The crematorium is present on the shore where the Hindu devotees are burned and their ashes are spread in the river. Most humans believe that those who die and burnt in Varansi are freed from their reincarnation cycle as this place is significant for the presence of Lord Shiva.
- Varanasi is known as the birthplace for Kamasutra
- B. Kachori freshly fried in fat and filled with dal is the best breakfast to taste in Varanasi.
6. Leh Ladakh
Ladakh is one of the highest cities in the world and known for its real mountain paradise at Leh. It’s good to seek a doctor’s advice before going to Ladakh as altitude sickness is very common there.
As Jammu and Kashmir are having their security reasons but Ladakh is considered as one of the safest places in Kashmir. No doubt, Ladakh is worth visiting as it consists of beautiful regional handicrafts, several monasteries and stupas.
- Momos with mutton and the steamed dumplings in the Himalayan regions are o very popular dishes to give a try.
7. Andaman Islands
Not having a budget for Maldives or Seychelles, then Andaman Islands is one of the best places to visit in India situated on the east coast. If anyone is dreaming of romantic islands with lined up with white sand beaches, crystal clear waters, palm trees and great diving areas then Andaman is the most beautiful and affordable place to visit.
Impeccable biodiversity, well-preserved coral reefs and an incredible view attract mermaids across the world and it is a great place for divers to relish.
- With the help of a local guide, you can visit other islands and even know the traditions and cultures of various tribes.
- Jackfruit, fresh fish and coconut are the foods you must give a try.
Hampi, though, it’s a small city known as one of the well-known backpacker destinations in India. No doubt, the visit is valuable, as the remnants of the city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is an exceptional open-air museum.
Here, you will find the purest form of nature and an exclusive landscape of huge granite boulders significant of the flintstones. Hire a vehicle and explore the landscape with the remnants of the Vijayanagara reign and the peaceful rice fields. Moreover, there are huge hiking trails with striking viewpoints.
- The summers will be scorching with above 40 degrees of temperature, whereas the winters are pleasant with 24 degrees of temperature. So, the best time to take a trip is from October to March.
- The vegetarian Udupi cuisine is the best one to taste as it excludes garlic and onions as they follow Satvik tradition.
No wonder, Mysore is a true beauty and one of the best places to visit in India. The gemstone of Mysore is undeniably the Maharaja Palace Amba Vilas known for its great architecture. Sunday (7 PM to 8 PM) is the best time to visit the palace as every corner is illuminated with thousands of lights.
Mysore is also known for its other architectural assets including the St. Philomena Church and the dazzling Lalit Mahal Palace Hotel, where you can relish a British-styled afternoon tea. Mysore Sand Sculpture Museum is known for its beautiful art and even the Brindavan Gardens are famous for its musical fountains.
- Have a visit at the time of Dasara as it is the most colorful festival celebrated in Mysore.
- Mysore Pak, a local toffee made with ghee is the must-try dessert.
If you wish for sunshine and tropical beaches, then Goa is the best place for you and is known for its foreign travellers.
Even today in Goa, a distinct Portuguese touch can be seen both in the architecture and as well as in food. Goa is the best place to party right as it is the hub for beaches and bottles. Not only beaches, bust also Goa consists of beautiful tropical forests and the Western Ghats Mountains.
- The real highlight on the event calendar is Carnival in Goa, the best-ever festival to visit once in a lifetime.
- Bebinca is the Goa’s most popular dessert that consists of a multi-layered cake made of coconut milk, eggs, ghee and sugar.
Plan your Holiday today and explore India’s best places!!!